I've just released version 0.27 of Obnam,
my backup application. The relevant part of NEWS:
- The repository format has again changed in an incompatible manner,
so you will need to re-backup everything again. Alternatively, you can
try the new
convert5to6 subcommand. See the manual page for details.
Make sure you have a copy of the repository before converting, the
code is new and may be buggy.
- New option
--small-files-in-btree enables Obnam to store the contents
of small files in the per-client B-tree. This is not the default, at
least yet, since it's impact on real life performance is unknown, but
it should make things go a bit faster for high latency repository
- Some SFTP related speed optimizations.
- Data filtering is now strictly stable and priority-ordered, ensuring that
compression always happens before encryption etc.
- Repository metadata is never filtered, so that we can be sure that
in future if when we add backwards-compatibility we can detect the format
without worrying about any other filtering which might occur.
- Forcing of locks is now unconditional and across the entire repository.
- Uses the larch 0.30 read-only mode to fix a bug where opening a B-tree
rolls back changes someone else is making, even if we only use the tree
to read stuff from.
- "obnam backup" will now exit with a non-zero exit code if there were
any errors during a backup, and the problematic files were skipped.
Thanks, Peter Palfrader, for reporting the bug.
- "obnam forget" is now a bit faster.
- Hash collisions for filenames are now handled.