This is a RELEASE CANDIDATE for 1.0, since there are no known bugs that would block a 1.0 release. I'm not entirely happy with Obnam's performance over sftp with small files, but it's not something I am prepared to let block 1.0. I am going to try a few things to improve things, but I want this release out first.
Please test and report any problems via this mailing list or as bugs on the website or via IRC. I am on IRC only intermittently until 1.0 is released, so e-mail and bug reports are best options.
- "obnam backup" now writes performance statistics at the end of a backup run. Search the log for "Backup performance statistics" (INFO level).
- "obnam verify" now continues past the first error. Thanks to Rafał Gwiazda for requesting this.
- Add an
obnam-viewprofutility to translate Python profiling output into human readable text form.
- Bug fix: If a file's extended attributes have changed in any way, the change is now backed up.
- "obnam fsck" is now a bit faster.
- The shared directories in the repository are now locked only during updates, allowing more efficient concurrent backups between several computers.
- Obnam now gives a better error message when a backup root is not a directory. Thanks to Edward Allcutt for reporting the error (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=654211).
- The output format of "obnam ls" has changed. It now has one line per file, and includes the full pathname of the file, rather mimicking the output of "ls -lAR". Thanks to Edward Allcutt for the suggestion (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=655095).
- A few optimizations to sftp speed. Small files are still slow.