I've just made release 1.2 of Obnam, my backup program. The NEWS file entry:
- Added a note to
--node-sizethat it only affects new B-trees. Thanks, Michael Brown.
obnam diffsubcommand to show differences (added/removed/modified files) between two generations, by Peter Valdemar Mørch.
obnam backupnow logs the names of files that are getting backed up at the INFO level rather than DEBUG.
- The command synopsises for backup, restore, and verify commands now make it clearer that Obnam only accepts directories, not individual files, as arguments. (For now.)
- The output from the
showplugin can now be redirected with the
--output=FILEoption. Affected subcommands:
- Notify user of errors during backups.
- The SFTP plugin now manages to deal with repository paths starting
/~/which already exist without crashing.
- Character and block device nodes are now restored correctly. Thanks to Martin Dummer for the bug report.
- The symmteric key for a toplevel repository directory is re-encrypted
when a public key is added or removed to the toplevel using the
- Manual page typo fix. Thanks, Steve Kemp.
This release has been uploaded to my own apt repository on code.liw.fi, for squeeze and unstable. Due to the Debian freeze, I am not uploading this to Debian at this time, though some changes may eventually be uploaded there.